Seven Goals for San Francisco’s Sewage System Master Plan
SWAle has developed the following seven key policy goals that are based on the overarching principle that all water is a resource and which we believe must form the basis of the new Sewer Master Plan. The Seven Goals, which are discussed in detail in an accompanying white paper are:
1. Redress the environmental injustices created by the last Master Plan.
2. Continually and significantly reduce Pollutant loading to the Bay and Ocean.
3. Minimize the volume of water entering the system for treatment.
4. Build in reliability and flexibility into the system in order to respond to catastrophic events and address water supply issues.
5. Provide environmental benefits.
6. Take proactive steps to address the impacts of climate change.
7. Achieve economic and environmental sustainability.